HarlequindeRustreHarlequindeRustre

Main News Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Debunker Showdown Debunker Showdown

You put forward a "positive" viewpoint, but don't look to actually vindicate your viewpoint so much as passive aggressively assert that the persons speaking out are unreasonable and merely vitriolic in the face of, well...

You don't address the actual points being raised, but rather the method.

The same way you say that they are scared with agreeing with you if it got down to simple discussion, I feel that you are similarly intimidated in having to flesh out your ideas beyond the grand statements you've made in previous videos.

Let me be clear: this video is meant to discredit your detractors, not actually address a the debated issues or even so much as give a promise to provide a more detailed explanation of your beliefs in future.

Just because you do not attack head on does not mean you are not attacking, even when talking of peaceful things.

un-rust2 un-rust2

I'd love to see a fight at this tempo with a similar tune with actual characters.

CLOPPING.MOV CLOPPING.MOV

Clopping is like fapping...but so much more potential to be completely disturbing...

SpeedoSausage responds:

Clopping IS fapping with horribly forced relabelling.

Crusoe Had It Easy (18+) Crusoe Had It Easy (18+)

First try, I get the "true" ending.

Well ok then.

That made perfect sense.

marblesyrup responds:

what are you even trying to say?

Homerun in Berzerk Land Homerun in Berzerk Land

I've nothing to really grouse about in this game. I'm no expert, I can't find any gamebreaking flaws, and the game itself is funny.

It's got a nice art style, the menu design is easily understandable, and the learning curve is smooth enough for anybody with half a brain stem.

Tossing's a genre of game that I find suitable for a morning waking up or a dozy summer afternoon indoors. I feel it's supposed to be for a less discerning audience than the usual geek wankers one finds in forums or the comments section of just about anything under the sun, and in that appeal this game is successful.

All in all it's fun!

Loved this game since it first came out, and it's still the same old fun, with the added hilarity of the monumentally idiotic quotes- or, rather, apt quotes from monumentally idiotic people.

I have to say it's some pretty fierce irony that the reviews for this game show the exact same kind of thoughtless, socially unaware commentary that you hold up for mockery in this game. How do you handle reading through that garbage? Has to be plenty of knuckle biting going on in the studio, at any rate...

World's End Chapter 1 World's End Chapter 1

Really quite a brilliant game.

Shame about the unsatisfying end, though. Perhaps we'll see the continuation of this series soon?

I must say, of the character roster, I like Vadim the most, Tevoran secondmost. They're both so blatantly outside of the norm, not to mention having some wicked abilities (Vadim's Bragging and Tevoran's reactions came in extremely handy). Holding the honorary third is Casimir, who's so calm and peaceable amongst Tevoran's predominantly [blood]thirsty gang, whilst maintaining a very tricky, dead-useful handful of abilities.

Although I wasn't in love with Ysabel, she was a pretty handy character as well, with her ranged disabling ability and all. Her melee needs tweaking, though, seeing as no enemies were lining up to tagteam her in a way for her Dirty Knife ability to come in handy. Quite honestly, Vadim being a Stealth-Tanking, stabhappy bull in a china shop did more with his melee than Ysabel did with her all the way in the rear. Maybe give her a rapier or sabre to help her play to her ranged advantage?

Speaking of improvements, I found Ivan needed some tweaks. I've always loved polearm characters in tactical type games, but in this game he seemed a bit vulnerable. In the beginning he was pretty useful, but as the game went on, he just weighed down the team more and more, whilst in other such games the polearm character flourished and was the very tip of the spear (pardon the pun) in whatever offensive I launched.

What I think he needs is maybe a little widening of his field of contact- i.e: allow him to strike enemies that are not in the strict four cardinal directions. Also, I think giving him a minor ranged ability, like a pistol, as a special ability or something, would help him fend off more wily opponents with a lot of movement/energy like the those Bladwort Brothers.

Otherwise, the balancing seems perfectly fine to me.

On the ridiculous side of suggestions, I'd suggest a couple of things, in no particular order of relevance/importance.

Some sort of secret unlockable character ala the Harlequin from "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" or the Dark Knight class from "Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions", perhaps as a reward for a good performance thus far in the game or for finding a certain secret[s] hidden throughout the game?

Randomized levels? Of course, this might weigh down your game and/or piss some players off, but it seems like a fairly interesting idea. Granted, this is done in more singular character type games like "Diablo", but it would be a fun experiment to do something with that in a tactical melee type game like this.

If the characters' appearances were subject to change, be it major or minor, influenced by the player or following the ingame plot, or perhaps even totally random! It would be fun to see an Ivan with green hair, a svelte Oksana, or Vadim suited up like a "Clockwork Orange" droog properlike (on that note, it'd be pretty rad if you can find more opportunities to give a nod or two to "Clockwork Orange" or other cult films). Just a thought...

Also, if you could make the various weapons equips discernible beyond just stats, that would be nice. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see that Ivan's weapon didn't look any different from his original spear and the Baclav (?) spear, although they're clearly very different weapons (as far as I could tell when the guards had it equipped and when Ivan did), This might chew up a lot of your time, like with the randomization engine thing, but I think it would add to the fun in chapters down the road.

Finally, I wanna suggest dialogue/action choices. Although it's a big -- oft annoying -- craze in the gaming community, I think it would have some potential in this series. This is yet another time-consuming idea to carry out, but I feel that it's all the more immersive. But that's totally up to you, whether you wanna go the storybook type route or the player's choice-driven plot narrative route.

In any case, even if you don't take up any of my suggestions, I'll have lots of fun playing future installments of "World's End".

Goof (from asdf moive) Goof (from asdf moive)

Awesome

I can't believe nobody's really listened to this. This is some brilliant synthing and sound design. I love the rather clever use of the various sounds and the syncopated rhythm. Keep up the the good work, man!

A Hero Will Rise A Hero Will Rise

Although the flash you used this with...

... wasn't much to speak of, this is damn epic. In fact, I'll fave this.

Good luck with audio, dude...

vwvSTATICvwv responds:

Haha agreed :D

Thanks

Seth

Vitamin Z (Extended) Vitamin Z (Extended)

Sweet

Only problem: your messing with the volume needs to stop. It breaks up an otherwise feckin' awesome song. Do a redo and I'll fave that and add it to my playlist...

finns swords finns swords

Despite the fact that the source images RIGHT THERE ON THE CANVAS do not use a bold black outline, you decided to use one anyway. Couldn't you figure out how to use the eyedropper tool in MS Paint? For that matter, why the heck did you do this in the first place? As an exercise it's generally pointless and as an artwork submission it looks like something a second grader would print out and stick on the fridge with no small amount of pride.

mjflaherty468 responds:

Look i have alot of better stuff on my computer that for some reason i never bother to upload also why are you targeting me specifically i already have enough stress just getting out of finals and now i got to deal with your fucking bullshit hoping for some comments that can actually brighten up this generally shitty day

Six Years in Nevada Six Years in Nevada

"Madness" works have never failed to strike me as repetitive and mindnumbingly derivative.

You're free to depict what you want, but I feel you're wasting your man hours on things like this.

On a technical not, the enemy spawn doesn't stand out so much- more like some attempt at generic toothy monsters on a boardgame card than something meant to be expressive or cinematic.

The "hero" character also seems much more in the foreground than the monster he's supposed to be shooting- and if he's supposed to be that way and is firing more to his right instead of straight ahead, it's simply not comng across.

The composition of the whole piece is really stunted, with bits and pieces that just don't fit together. It seems like you started out with the characters and background divided up over multiple layers and as you went on developing the scene you realized how everything wasn't quite lining up. Furthermore, I feel that you tried to condense and edit things to fit- more like beat into place, honestly- and at some point threw up your hands. The end result is...confusing.

No hard feelings, love, but I feel like your hand has developed too far past your eye and it's beginning to really show.

John: the fire guy John: the fire guy

Do you even know how shadows work???

mjflaherty468 responds:

look i am just now staring to work with shading now can you not be so critical on my art this is one of my first and only times shading on Ms paint